Stanton Vale received £22,000 for it’s Pupil Premium funding for academic year 2016-17. We spent this money on supporting these pupils to gain communication skills with some great results for our pupils so we want to do the same next year 2017-18.
We are using this money to focus on how we communicate with pupils and developing pupils skills to communicate with us.
Activity / Intervention
- Purchase of additional teaching and support time from a Speech and Language Therapist
- Additional training opportunities for staff to raise communication skills
- PMLD pupils – TaSSeLs
- SLD pupils – Makaton
- Introduction of higher level accredited PEC’s training
- For trainers to work with parents and staff from ‘extended services’
- Teaching Assistant costings to create resources for communication
- Investment in appropriate signage around school
- Teachers better able to plan communication targets for pupils
- Additional teaching time for small groups and individuals
- Whole school training on body signing for students with more complex needs
- Additional training for those staff wanting to take Makaton accredited training
- For pupils to have consistent communication systems across different settings
- TA released for half a day per week to create resources such as PEC’s symbols etc
- All pupils eligible for this funding made expected progress in their Speaking and Listening assessments
- Some of our Governors joined us in looking at how we improved and what we could do next
Download a copy of our Strategy Statement here.